MyApp Feature Preview - Push Notifications
What are Push Notifications?
Push Notifications are a great way to communicate instantly to your user base!
You can send them out to all of your app users, send them out to notification groups that people subscribe to, or send out a notification to a custom segment of people. And with our Rich Message and Action Item system, you can send out a wider variety of notifications than before!
What are some use cases of Standard Push Notifications?
- If you have an eCommerce app, you can send out a notification to everyone letting them know of new items for sale in your app.
- If you have a school app, you can set up notification groups for each grade and send out grade-specific notifications to each group.
- If you’re building an app for your church, you can use push notifications to send out a link to that week’s sermon or daily scriptures.
- Audience – You can send your notifications to specific people. Options include “All Users”, “Groups” and “Custom Segment”.
- Message – You can craft your notification message including the Title, Message that displays on the lock screen and the In-App Message
- Action – The Action section allows you to add an Action Item such as a link to Web Content or a Plugin within your app.
- Scheduling – You can schedule your notification or send it immediately.
Once you have set up your notification the way you like, simply click “Send Notification” to send your notification our immediately, or add it to the list of scheduled notifications.
Pro Tip 1: Create Notification Groups
Setting up groups helps ensure that your users are getting notifications directed more for them, rather than ones that do not apply to them.
Pro Tip 2: Don’t Bombard Your Users With Notifications
Nobody wants to be bombarded with notifications on their phone. Quality over quantity is great to remember when you’re sending out notifications.